Saturday 20 October 2012

Sitting Here Laughing

If you don't laugh you will simply cry :)

My bad run stretch is now getting close to the 4 month mark.

I am very chilled at the tables though and taking the beats well as they keep coming.

I am very pleased with my cool, calm and collected play over the last 2 days.

I get a wry smile on my face now every time I get AA as I start thinking: will I lose with it AI pre flop or will I just get stacked post when someone jams their Top Pair and hits 2 pair or trips on the river, lol.

Today's visual just sums up the run:



That extra $200 would be nice in my hand and the number of times over the 4 months that this kind of visual has been the end of day shot would add up to a tasty few grand but that's poker eh. At least I won :)

It is very easy for poker players to forget the real value of money with the swings we go through at various levels. I watched an interesting BBC TV series recently called 'Welcome to India' which was about life today in the 2nd most populated nation. One of the case studies was a dude who made tea cups from mud. One of his quotes was something like 'if I work 14 hours I can break-even, if I work 18 hours then I can make a nice profit. He was referring to like $5 or more for that shift.

I will fight hard to get back to winning ways and will try to never forget the real value of money in world terms.

The good news is that I am now completely back to NL50, playing mainly ZOOM for the moment. With a $1,600 bonus due in a couple of days I am now comfortably rolled at around $4k which means I will not have to drop down to NL25 any time soon, hopefully....

I need around 47k VPPs to get to 200k and around 62k VPPs to get to 200k + an extra $1,600 bonus before 1st Jan. If I can manage to not cash-out too much then I should build my roll and make the jump to NL100 and then getting these VPPs should be easy.

Lets Grind..!!

2 comments:

  1. alright mate

    sure you are going to be fine mate. Is Supernova Elite still yr plan for 2013? I am looking forward to following your progress if it is mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ez Ross,

    I hope so mate. I need to successfully make the jump to NL100 in the next few weeks and then to NL200 shortly b4 year end.

    I have started to and played a fair bit of 6-max for the first time ever in NLH these last 10 days or so. I have played a lot previously but it was in PLO.

    You need 6-max these days as FR is dying a painful death at higher levels and NL200 games don't always run enough tables of FR to hit SNE.

    I will decide whether or not to commit to the SNE chase in the last 2 weeks of December and comment in the Blog.

    R

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...