Friday 16 April 2010

My Oh My Dear Shortstacker......

Battling the stackers was always a challenge as a full stack player. I mean what do you do? Do you stop raising with some of your normal raising hands?, do you alter your calling range?, do your slow play monsters?

I must admit that they did not bother me as much as they seemed to bother a lot of the Regs. I actual think that i made a good profit from them.

The issue with these guys is the loss of your edge as a full stack player who deems himself to be better than average.

They problem is that their only play is the All-in shove pre flop which puts pressure on many hands that you would fold normally to a raise from a full stack player. This is due to the fact that their shove range is quite broad. I generally found that they push with any pair, any ace and any 2 big cards. I fought this by altering my calling range and was right to do so on most occasions. You lose edge also due to the fact that you cannot play post-flop as you are all-in and generally gambling or coin flipping with these guys

Another issue is that the short stacker does not contribute to the larger pots, but still collects VPPs from the big pots played by the big stacks.

So finally they have been stung on PS due to the new structure. The minimum buy-in requirement now is 40bb which will drive the short stackers to the 20-50bb tables and away from us full-stacks... wooohooo. I have played 2 sessions today and have had only 1 all-in flip vs a SS as opposed to what would have normally been around 15 flips.

Really interesting to see the impact on my sessions of this new restriction on the SSs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...